Issues in Engaged Scholarship
- For consideration in Issues in Engaged Scholarship, email an article proposal to Maura Christopher, director of publications, email@example.com. Include the title of the paper and describe in 350 to 700 words the focus of the investigation, the rational, and the approach.
- The Colin Powell Center's Editorial Review Board will review the proposal for general suitability and fit within the parameters of Issues in Engaged Scholarship, and will contact the author in a timely manner.
- For completed works, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the submission as an attachment.
- The Colin Powell Center’s Editorial Review Board will review the manuscript. Working papers may be published “as is” or with light editing changes. Alternatively, authors may be asked to incorporate requested changes into their work before publication.
- Working papers will be available in pdf form online on the Colin Powell's Center’s site. Papers may also be included in the Center's annual printed volume.
- Please prepare manuscripts according Chicago Manual style guidelines. Spell out numbers one through ten. Section headings and subheadings should be in roman boldface type. Book and periodical titles should be italicized. Foreign words should be italicized only upon initial use in the manuscript.
- Submissions between 3,000 and 9,000 words are typical, but may be up to 10,000 words.
- Prepare the manuscript in 12-point type, Times New Roman, with one-inch margins. Number pages consecutively at the bottom.
- Include an abstract of 150 to 250 words, and, additionally, three to six key words under the abstract. Double-space the abstract, manuscript, notes, and indented quotations.
- Authors may additionally include a short elaborating note about the work: for instance, that “This work is adapted from a presentation delivered at the May 6, 2012 Immigrant-Integration Conference at City College.”
- Place end notes (do not include a bibliography) at the end of the article, not at the foot of the page. For books, include full names of authors and editors, title, city, publisher, and date. For journals, include volume number, month.
For additional questions, please contact, Maura Christopher, director of publications, Colin Powell Center, 212-650-7386