Community-Based Participatory Research at CCNY
Benefits to Faculty and Academic Institutions
What motivates academic institutions and academic researchers to use CBPR?
Academic institutions and individual faculty may be motivated by the potential to:
- Attract and support students
- Advance career goals and research agendas
- Build partnerships with local community members and organizations
- Demonstrate/address inequities and injustices
- Generate and contribute to disciplinary knowledge
- Link personal and professional goals and values
- Meet funding agency expectations
- Obtain institutional funding
- Raise the visibility of the instituion
- Improve or repair the institution’s reputation among communities in which it is located.