The City College of New York
Office of Student Life & Leadership Developement
North Academic Center, Rm. 1/210
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
Evelyn Ortega • Assistant Director
P | 212-650-7040/8913
F | 212-650-7080
E | email@example.com
Once you’ve been accepted and have paid your tuition bill, you must obtain a CityONECard ID.
It is the College’s policy that all students, faculty and staff possess a valid CCNY issued ID card. The CityONECard ID card is to be worn or displayed while on campus. All ID cards are issued in the ID office, NAC 1/204.
To obtain a CityONECard ID card you must show proof of identity by providing a government-issued document and your printed paid/validated Bursar’s receipt (tuition bill).
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the ID Office, NAC 1/204, or phone (212) 650-5902.
ID Office Hours:
Monday & Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Once again, to obtain a CityONECard ID card, you must show proof of identity by providing one or more of the following documents and your printed paid/validated Bursar’s receipt (tuition bill).
UNACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS AS PROOF OF IDENTITY:
- US Passport
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Driver’s License or a State-Issued photo ID card
- Other governmental agency issued photo ID cards (federal, state or local)
- High School or College issued Photo ID Card containing Date of Birth
- Alien Registration photo Receipt Card
- Foreign Passport with its original photo/ I-94
- Unexpired INS Temporary Resident photo Card
- Unexpired INS Employment Authorization Form with its original photo
- Unexpired INS issued Employment Photo Authorization Document
- Unexpired INS photo Employment Authorization Card
- Unexpired INS photo Re-entry Permit
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- US Military and Military Dependent ID card
- Native American Tribal Document
- Canadian Driver’s License or Canadian Government issued photo card
- Photo ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the US
- Unexpired INS US citizen ID card
CCNY will not honor the following items as proof of identity: credit cards, check cashing cards, food store courtesy cards, ATM/debit cards, health insurance cards, pay stubs, canceled checks, etc.
NO ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF ID:
If there are discrepancies between your proof of identity and the Admissions documents/records, you will be required to reconcile this data. The name on your CCNY records must match the name on the identification document you present to the ID office staff. If the names differ, you must file a change of name form with the Registrar. In the meantime, you may be issued a 30-day temporary photo ID card(if qualified) which will allow you access to the college and its services.
30-DAY TEMPORARY PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD:
The 30-day temporary photo ID card allows you full access to the campus and its facilities while you reconcile your records with the Office of the Registrar. It expires on the date shown on the card.
HOW TO RECONCILE/CHANGE YOUR CCNY RECORDS:
You must present original documents only (see list) to the Office of the Registrar; this is your official identification/proof of identity.
Step 1 You will present information authenticating your identity to the CCNY Registrar; (see list of documents.).
Step 2 The Registrar will amend or correct your records in their database.
Step 3 Present the proof of the name change obtained from the registrars office to the ID office along with your old 30-day temporary photo card. You will then be issued a new permanent photo ID card.
If you fail to complete the change of records in the Office of the Registrar by the 30 day expiration date, your Temporary Card will expire and it is subject to confiscation by a security office or a college official and you will no longer have access to the campus facilities. A “stop” code may be placed on your CCNY records as well.
ID CARD VALIDATION STICKERS
YOUR CityOneCard CARD MUST BE VALIDATED EACH SEMESTER - FALL, SPRING, SUMMER.
Each semester, stickers are distributed in both the ID office and Bursar's office. The proper validation sticker must be affixed to your ID card before the 2nd week of classes in each semester.
- Your ID Card serves as your library access card on campus as well as at all other CUNY colleges/facilities.
- Your card is non-transferable; it is a violation of policy to lend your card.
- Temporary ID Photo Cards are available should you forget your ID; there is a limit of 3 per year.
- Should you loose your ID Card, there is a replacement fee that must be paid at Bursar. You must bring the receipt with the paid fee in order to receive a new ID Card.
- However, faced or damaged cards are replaced at no charge provided the old card is returned to the ID office.
- Invalid/Damaged ID Cards are subject to confiscation by Public Safety.
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the ID Office, NAC 1/204, or phone (212) 650-5902/5289. Remember, we are here to assist you.
Remember, we are here to assist you !