The college is closed Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Only essential personnel report to work.
Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers
RECENTLY AWARDED PATENTS
- Imaging Systems and Methods to Improve Backscattering Imaging Using Circular Polarization Memory, R. R. Alfano, X. Ni, #7,515,265 B2, Apr. 7 2009.
- Cr3+-Doped Laser Materials and Lasers and Methods of Making and Using, R. R. Alfano, A. Bykov, V. Petricevic, M. Sharonov, #7,460,574 B2, Dec. 2, 2008.
- Tetravalent Chromium Doped Laser Materials and NIR Tunable Lasers, R. R. Alfano, V. Petricevic, A. Bykov, #7,440,480 B2, Oct. 21, 2008.
- Cr4+-Doped Mixed Alloy Laser Materials and Lasers and Methods Using the Materials, R. R. Alfano, V. Petricevic, Alexey Bykov, #7,359,415 B1, Apr. 15, 2008.
- Methods and Systems for Detection of Ice Formation on Surfaces, R. R. Alfano, W. Wang, H. Sztul, Y. Budansky, #7,312,713 B2, December 25, 2007.
- Methods and Apparatus for Producing a Multiple Optical Channel Source from a Supercontinuum Generator for WDM Communication, R. R. Alfano, I. Zeylikovich, #7,245,805, July 17, 2007.
- Hybrid-dual-Fourier Tomographic Algorithm for a Fast Three-Dimensional Optical Image Reconstruction in Turbid Media, R. R. Alfano, W. Cai, #7,218,959, May 15, 2007.
- Stokes Shift Emission Spectroscopy for Detection of Disease and Physiological State of Specimen, R. R. Alfano, Y. Yang, #7,192,783, March 20, 2007.
- Systems and Methods for Non-Destructively Detecting Material Abnormalities Beneath a Coated Surface, R. R. Alfano, B. Yu, #7,145,148 B2, December 5, 2006.
- Photodetectors and Optically Pumped Emitters based on III-Nitride Multiple-Quantum-Well Structures, R. R. Alfano, S. Zhang, and W. Wang, #7,119,359 B2, Oct. 10, 2006.
- Methods of Improving Line of Sight Wireless Optical Communication Through Adverse Environmental Conditions, R. R. Alfano, J. P. Ying, S. K. Gayen, W. Cai, #7,106,972 B2, September 12, 2006.
- Systems and Methods for Non-Destructively Detecting Material Abnormalities Beneath a Coated Surface, R. R. Alfano, I. Zeylikovich, W. Wang, J. Ali, V. Benischek, Y. Budansky, #7,038,208 B2, May 2, 2006.
- Gelatin Based on Power-Gel as Solders for Cr4+ Laser Tissue Welding and Sealing of Lung Air Leak and Fistulas in Organs, R. R. Alfano, J. Tang, J. M. Evans, P. P. Ho, #7,033,348 B2, Apr. 25, 2006.