Position Description and Duties
academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff,
and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by
the University and relevant outside parties
City College of New York has an opening for an individual to coordinate and
integrate existing and developing multidisciplinary programs in Earth System
Science and Environmental Engineering & Environmental and Earth System
This position will work with affiliated faculty to develop research curricula
and projects, lead academic and professional accreditation efforts, and expand
research program offerings at CCNY. The candidate will also work with the
Program Director and affiliated faculty to devise and implement effective
advising and research mentoring for affiliated students at undergraduate and
graduate levels. The Research Associate will also coordinate outreach and
educational activities with respect to Earth and Environmental Science and
In addition to the duties above this position will also:
- Assist in conception and development of research proposals for the Program.
- Collect required data and prepare reports on the multidisciplinary program
for various agencies.
- Track student research and academic progress.
offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents
based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and
Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or
semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits
are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
Qualifications and Requirements
Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
in related science and engineering fields, with background in modeling and
computational analysis, or experimental areas required. Past experience
participating in interdisciplinary programs as well as the ability to
multi-task are preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent
communication skills (oral and written) and be computer literate.