It is the College’s policy that all students, faculty and staff possess a valid CCNY issued ID card. The CCNY ID card is to be worn or displayed while on campus. All ID cards are issued in the ID office, NAC 1/204.
To obtain a CCNY ID card you must show proof of identity by providing one or more of the following documents plus your letter of acceptance from City College and/or your paid Bursar’s receipt.
UNACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS AS PROOF OF IDENTITY:
- US Passport
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Driver’s License or a State issued photo ID card
- Other governmental agency issued photo ID cards (federal, state or local)
- High School or College issued Photo ID Card
- Alien Registration photo Receipt Card
- Foreign Passport with its original photo
- Unexpired INS Temporary Resident photo Card
- Unexpired INS Employment Authorization Form with its original photo
- Unexpired INS issued Employment photo authorization Document
- Unexpired INS photo employment authorization Card
- Unexpired INS photo Re-entry Permit
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- US Military and Military Dependent ID card
- Native American Tribal Document
- Canadian Driver’s License or Canadian Government issued photo card
- Photo ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the US
- Unexpired INS US citizen ID card
CCNY will not honor the following items as proof of identity; credit cards; check cashing cards; food store courtesy cards; ATM/debit cards; health insurance cards; pay stubs; canceled checks; birth certificates; etc.
NO ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF ID:
If you fail to present proper proof of identity at the CCNY ID, we will not issue the permanent CCNY ID card. However, you may qualify for a 45-day temporary photo card.
If there are discrepancies between your proof of identity and the Admissions documents/records, you will be required to reconcile this data. The name on your CCNY records must match the name on the identification document you present to the ID office staff. If the names differ, you must file a change of name form with the Registrar.
45-DAY TEMPORARY PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD:
The 45-day temporary photo ID card allows you full access to the campus and its facilities while you reconcile your records with the Office of the Registrar. It expires on the date shown on the card.
HOW TO RECONCILE/CHANGE YOUR CCNY RECORDS:
You must present original documents only (see list) to the Office of the Registrar; this is your official identification/proof of identity.
Step 1 You will present information authenticating your identity to the CCNY Registrar; (see list of documents.).
Step 2 The Registrar will amend or correct your records in their database.
Step 3 Bring the proof of the name change obtained from the registrars office to the ID office along with your old 45-day temporary photo card. You will then be issued a new permanent photo ID card.
If you fail to complete the change of records in the Office of the Registrar by the 45 day expiration date, your Temporary Card will expire and it is subject to confiscation by a security office or a college official and you will on longer have access to the campus facilities. A “stop” code may be placed on your CCNY records as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the ID office, NAC 1/204, or phone (212) 650-5902 or 5289.