The Art Education program at CCNY seeks students with diverse life experiences who are interested in developing their artistic and teaching practices to become reflective and critical arts educators in schools, community centers, and museums.
Graduate admission eligibility
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Art Education, Art History, or related field
- Approximately 28 undergraduate credits in studio art and 12 credits in art history (this may be negotiable based on a portfolio review)
- 3.0 GPA
Note: If you have questions about your eligibility, please read the Admissions-FAQ and contact Dr. Dewhurst.
How to apply
CCNY accepts students twice a year, for either the Spring or Fall semesters. Applicants to the Graduate Program apply via the School of Education's online system. Make sure to read through our FAQ for additional information.
In addition to completing an online application, students must also compile the following documents to accompany their applications:
- CD with 15-20 images of creative work produced within the past 3 years. If you have previous teaching experience, please include 10 images of your students' work as well.
- Submission of New York State LAST test scores.
- In addition, students will be contacted for an interview with Art Department faculty.
To apply for Spring 2013: October 15, 2012
To apply for Fall 2013: March 15, 2013