Graduate Admission Information
To apply to a graduate program in the Childhood Education Department students should submit a complete admissions application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Applications are due March 15 for admission in the fall semester, and October 15 for admission in the Spring semester. Students who miss the application deadline may take up to 9 credits as a non-matriculated student (contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for an application).
The following items are required as part of the admissions process:
- Completed admissions application (can be downloaded here) and application fee.
- Completed New York State liberal arts requirements form. (Part of the application).
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework. For transcripts from non-English-speaking universities, original transcripts as well as an official English translation must be submitted.
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 professional recommendations)
- We are no longer requiring the LAST score report. When available, we will be requiring the Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST).
- After the admissions deadline, applicants will be contacted to come in for an in-person interview and an on-site admissions essay.
For more information, please consult the Office of Graduate Admissions.