Childhood Education Program graduate advisors are assigned according to the first initial of the candidate’s last name.
The School of Education Philosophy
The philosophy of the School of Education is reflected within our faculty-generated Conceptual Framework that guides all course offerings and syllabi.
Our mission is to prepare knowledgeable, reflective, and caring educators who are qualified and committed to teaching and leading in diverse communities. Five themes comprise the Conceptual Framework:
- Developing In-Depth Knowledge About the World
- Becoming Skillful, Reflective Practitioners
- Educating For and About Diversity
- Nurturing Leadership for Learning
- Building Caring Communities