GRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
Prospective graduate students should contact the Admissions Office (North Academic Center 3/223) for an application. The Learning and Resource Center (North Academic Center 3/226) provides information about required tests. Applications must include the following materials. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for admission.
Graduate Application Advisor: Andrew Ratner (NAC 5/208C)
|REQUIRED GRADUATE APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (showing a minimum of 24 credits in English literature with a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 a minimum GPA in English of 3.0).
- Official test score report from LAST and ELA CST.
- Completed Content Distribution List.
- Proof of any existing teaching license.
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to teach English in secondary level schools.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
The undergraduate application requires potential candidates to submit a portfolio containing the following materials. These materials should be submitted to the English Education Undergraduate Advisor, Prof. Shira Eve Epstein (NA 5/208B).
- A personal statement about English teaching and how that personal view motivates you to be an English teacher in secondary level schools.
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- Photocopy of Core Evaluation.
- Photocopy of Major Evaluation.
- LAST & E-CST Score Report.
- Official transcripts from every post-secondary institution ever attended.
Only undergraduate applicants who meet the following minimum entrance requirements will be considered.
Prior to admission, undergraduates can take only EDUC 20500, EDSE 32500 and EDLS 32000 in The School of Education. Any student completing additional education courses prior to formal admission into the English Education Program may find themselves taking courses that will not be applicable to their program.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Minimum GPA in English of 3.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 credits in the English major.