Technology Workshops - Spring 2010
Tuesday, January 19
Hands-On Technology Integration: One-Day Workshops / Spring 2010
Tuesday, Feb. 23rd Creating Websites to Support Classroom Teaching and Learning
Wednesday, March 10th Using ‘Google Tools’ to Enhance Instruction
- Create your own web site using “Google Sites".
- Find and collect science and other Web resources for your students Examine other teachers' class web sites and create one for your students
- Examine other instructional uses for web sites
- Consider the privacy, permission and related issues pertaining to using class websites
Wednesday, April 14th Preparing Instruction for and Using the SmartBoard
- Learn to use a variety of Google’s tools to enhance your teaching of science and other subjects. Tools include: Google: Sites, Search, FastFlip, Maps, Earth, and Mail.
- Create a basic Web site redesign one or more lessons using Google tools to support learning with 21st century skills and content
Tuesday, April 27th Engage your Students with Digital Stories
- Learn how to bring the SmartBoard into your classroom to engage students
- Create exciting lessons and activities using SmartBoard’s NoteBook10 software
- Enhance your use of SmartBoard with online resources
Wednesday, May 19th Using PowerPoint Presentations in the Classroom
- Use computer-based multimedia tools to tell powerful stories or highlight important ideas
- Plan, storyboard and prepare a digital story based on a personal experience or a poem
- Plan, storyboard and prepare a digital story introducing a science unit
- Find images on the Web and publish your digital story using PowerPoint, MovieMaker and/or PhotoStory 2.0
- Guide your students in creating their own digital stories in science or other areas
Tuesday, May 25th Using WebQuests with your Class
- Engage your students by learning to use PowerPoint to teach science and other subjects.
- Enhance your PowerPoint presentations with sound, images, animation, narration and video
- Explore different ways of using PowerPoint and find PowerPoint resources online.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation for use in your classroom.
- Learn how to guide students to do their own PowerPoints to present project results or other work.
- Explore the WebQuest library of resources
- Learn the process of creating a WebQuest
- Create a WebQuest to use with your class