MFA Application Guidelines
Applications to the program should include the following materials:
- MFA application form (download [pdf])
- Transcripts from each degree-granting institution attended
(unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Curriculum vitae or artist’s résumé
- Personal statement(about one page)
- Digital portfolio consisting of a CD-ROM with 15-20 images in jpeg or tiff format
- Printed portfolio images, no more than 3 pages total, thumbnail images (i.e., images 2-3 inches in width & height) are fine.
- Optional DVD (in addition to the CD-ROM) documenting time-based work in video
- Optional CD-ROM for interactive work
- List of works documenting the artwork (title, medium, dimensions, date)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation
- Self addressed stamped envelope
Please do not bind application materials in any kind of folder or book, as pages must be loose during the selection process. Extraneous portfolios and folders will be discarded. All application materials must fit easily into an 8-1/2 x 11 inch file folder.
Please note, submitted materials will not be returned.
Please do not submit transcripts separately; include them with the rest of your application materials. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Curriculum Vitae or Artist’s Résumé
Guidelines for artist’s résumés can be found on the College Art Association website.
Please discuss your artwork and your reasons for pursuing an MFA at City College. Tell us about your area(s) of proposed concentration.