CCNY Language and Culture Summer Program La Rioja, Spain
Dates: June 26th - July 25th, 2015
Credits: 3 credits per class
Click here to download the flyer.
Founded in the 11th Century, Logroño is a dynamic city in the northwest Spain. It is the capital city of the autonomous community of La Rioja, Spain's wine country, birthplace of the Spanish Language, and the site of many important medieval structures.
SPAN 226; 3 Credits - Intermediate Spanish
SPAN 31002; 3 Credits - Spanish Culture
El Cuento Español Del Siglo XX ; 3 Credits
Arte Español De Los Siglos XIX y XX; 3 Credits
Introduction to the Spanish Culture; 3 Credits
Cultural excursions and workshops
- Guided excursion of the monasteries of San Millán de la Cogolla by an expert on Spanish medieval language and culture.
- A guided excursion of Logroño by an expert Historian.
- Art/Architecture specialist.
- An excursion to one of the oldest wineries: Dinastía Vivanco.
- Dinner at legendary Dinastía Faustino winery.
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):- Interview with Study Abroad: April 27th - May 1st, 2015
- Pre-Departure Orientation: May 8th, 2015, 5:00pm
- Deadline for payment of Program costs and CUNY - Tuition due date: May 18th, 2015
- Deadline for all Application Materials: May 15th, 2015 (Extended deadline)
Application Fee: $300.00
CUNY Tuition: 3 - 6 credit
*Program Cost: $600.00
Airfare: $900 - $1,100.00 (Estimated)
*Program cost includes campus dormitory and airport pick up. Meals and airfare are not included.