Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid at City College of New York
The City College Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs, the City University of New York and the College itself, to ensure that you will have an opportunity to pursue higher education at CCNY. The office will work with you to combine scholarships, grants, loans, work-study opportunities and governmental benefits into a package to help meet the difference between the cost of college and the contributions you and your family are expected to provide.
Feel free to learn requirements about grants, scholarships and loan programs. Most of our awards are "need based", and you will have to maintain "good academic standing", to qualify for your awards. See the Federal and New York State Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), requirements.
Students not meeting SAP may submit an appeal to have their federal financial aid reinstated, please view the deadline page on the financial aid webpage.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in the financial aid process.
Apply for federal and New York State financial aid every school year.
|Academic Year||Tax Year||Submit FAFSA as early as|
View your awards online
1. Log in to CUNYfirst
2. Click on "Student Center" on the far left
3. Click on " View Financial Aid" in the middle of the page
4. Select aid year to review awards
Announcements & Updates
- 2020-2021 FAFSA The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 academic year available October 1st 2019! You may complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA with 2018 Tax information.
- 2019-2020 FAFSA The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 academic year is available. You may complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA with 2017 Tax information.
- You must declare or change a Major no later than Monday, September 16, 2019 for the Fall 2019 TAP/APTS/VTA/NYS/EXCELSIOR Scholarship award(s). Click here for further instructions to declare your major.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress - Deadline Fall 2019: October 16th, 2019 / Spring 2020: March 11th, 2020
FWS Fall/Spring 2019-2020:
Placement and Eligibility Screening begins on August 27, 2019.
*For September 2019 ONLY - FWS placement will be held in NAC 1/114 from 10am - 3:30pm
Wille Administration Building
160 Convent Avenue - Room 104
New York, NY 10031
|Monday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 4:45pm|
|Friday:||By pre-arranged appointment only & at one stop 9:00am - 5:00pm (LTD. services available)|